(noun) a bundle of sticks and branches bound together
fagot, faggot, fag, fairy, nance, pansy, queen, queer, poof, poove, pouf
(noun) offensive term for a homosexual man
faggot, fagot, faggot up
(verb) bind or tie up in or as if in a faggot; “faggot up the sticks”
(verb) fasten together rods of iron in order to heat or weld them
(verb) ornament or join (fabric) by faggot stitch; “He fagotted the blouse for his wife”
Source: WordNet® 3.1
fagot (plural fagots)
Alternative form of faggot
A bundle of pieces of wrought iron to be worked over into bars or other shapes by rolling or hammering at a welding heat; a pile.
(music, obsolete) A fagotto, or bassoon.
(UK, obsolete) A person hired to take the place of another at the muster of a company.
fagot (third-person singular simple present fagots, present participle fagoting, simple past and past participle fagoted)
(transitive) To make a fagot of; to bind together in a fagot or bundle.
Fag"ot n. Etym: [F., prob. aug. of L. fax, facis, torch, perh. orig., a bundle of sticks; cf. Gr. Fagotto.]
1. A bundle of sticks, twigs, or small branches of trees, used for fuel, for raising batteries, filling ditches, or other purposes in fortification; a fascine. Shak.
2. A bundle of pieces of wrought iron to be worked over into bars or other shapes by rolling or hammering at a welding heat; a pile.
Definition: A bassoon. See Fagotto.
4. A person hired to take the place of another at the muster of a company. [Eng.] Addison.
5. An old shriveled woman. [Slang, Eng.] Fagot iron, iron, in bars or masses, manufactured from fagots.
– Fagot vote, the vote of a person who has been constituted a voter by being made a landholder, for party purposes. [Political cant, Eng.]
Fag"ot v. t. [imp. & p. p. Fagoted; p. pr. & vb. n. Fagoting.]
Definition: To make a fagot of; to bind together in a fagot or bundle; also, to collect promiscuously. Dryden.
Source: Webster’s Unabridged Dictionary 1913 Edition
7 October 2022
(noun) perennial herb of northeastern United States having a thick knotted yellow rootstock and large rounded leaves
Wordscapes is a popular word game consistently in the top charts of both Google Play Store and Apple App Store. The Android version has more than 10 million installs. This guide will help you get more coins in less than two minutes of playing the game. Continue reading Wordscapes: Get More Coins