annex, annexe, extension, wing
(noun) an addition that extends a main building
(verb) attach to
(verb) take (territory) as if by conquest; “Hitler annexed Lithuania”
Source: WordNet® 3.1
annex (plural annexes)
An addition, an extension.
An appendix to a book or document.
An addition or extension to a building.
An addition to the territory of a country or state, from a neighbouring country or state, normally by military force.
• (something additional): addition, supplement; See also adjunct or augmentation
annex (third-person singular simple present annexes, present participle annexing, simple past and past participle annexed)
To add something to another thing, especially territory; to incorporate.
To attach or connect, as a consequence, condition, etc.
(intransitive) To join; to be united.
An*nex", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Annexed; p. pr. & vb. n. Annexing.] Etym: [F. annexer, fr. L. annexus, p. p. of annectere to tie or bind to; ad + nectere to tie, to fasten together, akin to Skr. nah to bind.]
1. To join or attach; usually to subjoin; to affix; to append; -- followed by to. "He annexed a codicil to a will." Johnson.
2. To join or add, as a smaller thing to a greater. He annexed a province to his kingdom. Johnson.
3. To attach or connect, as a consequence, condition, etc.; as, to annex a penalty to a prohibition, or punishment to guilt.
– To add; append; affix; unite; coalesce. See Add.
An*nex", v. i.
Definition: To join; to be united. Tooke.
An*nex", n. Etym: [F. annexe, L. annexus, neut. annexum, p. p. of annectere.]
Definition: Something annexed or appended; as, an additional stipulation to a writing, a subsidiary building to a main building; a wing.
Source: Webster’s Unabridged Dictionary 1913 Edition
26 September 2021
(verb) overthrow or destroy (something considered evil or harmful); “The police smashed the drug ring after they were tipped off”
Wordscapes is a popular word game consistently in the top charts of both Google Play Store and Apple App Store. The Android version has more than 10 million installs. This guide will help you get more coins in less than two minutes of playing the game. Continue reading Wordscapes: Get More Coins